PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 747-200F down in Bogota ?
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2008, 12:05
pacplyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aviation Safety

I just want to digress and comment.

Despite all our differences, I think it's important to realize that all posters here are an important component of Aviation Safety. Problems don't get fixed when doing "business as usual." Accidents are multi-faceted and complex and deserve to be examined from all angles even if certain lines of questioning, postings and assumptions turn out to be dead ends. Why hopefully, even the press can read and learn something here and realize that things are not as simple as they appear on the surface and that in reality, incredible, brave and professional individuals report for duty under difficult circumstances and in most cases ensure perfect safety (especially as when you consider the deaths per seat mile of all alternative modes of transport) and should be all commended as heros to the profession.

I myself, am proud to have been a small part of the development of today's testament to aviation safety, and marvel at the resourcefulness of todays professionals and companies who operate in much more adverse conditions than we faced in my day. Godspeed Connie Kalitta, Guppy, ExRAFboy, robriley, walepfe and others and the crews of the ill fated accidents.

It's been a real pleasure to converse with you Gentlemen, and I must say, that I have learned a great deal from this thread. My hat is off to the moderators for permitting such a controversial and informative thread.

pacific plyer - over and out