PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - skywest wins new contracts
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2008, 10:00
XRlent100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cunning,

Gee wizz, that's a statement from someone who's been boiling away for a while and finally burst. You've brought some old posts out of the hat for that.

Do you take the quote re MEL flights being a dead loss as gospel? who made that quote and what source are they using???? Because I know for a fact that they are not a dead loss. Have a look at the LSE anouncements re KG-MEL making a profit back in December.

The MEL service has been going for about 8-9 months now so your 6 month bet was a tad off the mark.

As for a FFlyer scheme, your obviously not up to speed with the Skywest. The Velocity FF program is up and running and in full swing at Skywest and has been for the past few months.

As for diversions during winter. How many have happened so far? I can tell you there's only been 2 in 9 months. One from KG-MEL because of 100% load factor which restricted fuel load out of KG on its short / hot airstrip. The other was from MEL-KG because of a scheduling error/requirement where a LGW aircraft with the small fuel tanks was used on the flight and hence didn't have the requirements. 2 out of 100 odd isn't too bad especially when one was because of XRllent loads that supposedly aren't happening.

So all up it seems it's just another ill informed post from someone who has a huge gripe with Skywest for whatever reason.

I'll let you in on a secret though. Skywest are perservering with the F100 on KG-MEL until the 1st A320 is available to take over the route.