PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Change from Airlines to Bizjets
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2008, 09:53
The Mad Russian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agree with envoys comments. I've recently made the move from airline (14000h+ 737/767 PIC TRE etc) to corporate flying, for me the lifestyle has many positives. Yes... Thinking for yourself (without constant referral to a ops manager), loading bags (no one else is going to do it for you!), putting oil in engines, paying bills, working in a small team etc etc are all part of a days flying. You feel and are very much more involved in the overall operation.

It is all about attitude, however there are many ex-airline pilots in the corporate world. I was thinking of names that I would recommend from my previous airline and came up with 1 or 2 out of 600! So I'd agree that this environment is not for all ex-airline types.

Pay etc, seems to depend on how good you are at negotiating?? It goes without saying, you're in a much stronger position if you have a desirable type rating (like CL604/5 G550 etc). Having high time in Worldwide ops (airline or corporate) helps. There is a chronic shortage of training pilots on certain corporate types, having qualifications (TRE) on airline types for later transfer seems to be well received.

If you need more details drop me a note via PM.