PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Etihad Package...
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2008, 09:31
AirPanda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Break the Law and Enjoy Living in Abu Dhabi

It may sound like a cliche after all what have been posted here. Etihad Airways needs to do something about the current housing situation...

Allwances are far from realistic and have nothing to do with what's happening in the market. Sometimes I can't help but wonder, is the housing departments really talking about the same Abu Dhabi that I live in?? Someone up there needs to stop acknowledging and apologizing about the price increase... to step down and do something for apology alone is of no help to us.

With the smallest single bedroom apartments costing 6-didt figures in annual lease, technically, if you are a senior officer or even in junior management, you can't afford a place to live in. You are indirectly compelled to break the UAE laws and sub-lease along with lodgers just make ends meet and save just a bit of money. Mind you, sharing accomodation is banned by the UAE laws and is considered a felony to wich one could be jailed and heavily fined. Therefore, I fully hold Etihad Airways HR and housing department responsible for this "felony" I was forced to commit. Seriously, my heart goes out for those with families and kids to send to schools. It must be tough out there.

Moving to ADAC in a few weeks after serving EY for 4 years.... Will miss EY but I just got sick & tired of being forced to break the law. Mind you, many are leaving for the same reasons.