PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PAL av school
Thread: PAL av school
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2008, 01:40
WxObserver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey everyone, new to the forums. I found some very useful information here reading the entire thread up to this point, thanks for that.

I'm looking into settling in the Philippines permanently, the idea came to me a few weeks back. Right now, I'm trying to find as much details as I can on PAL Av School. I have some concern if no one minds at all .

1. To qualify as a pilot trainee, must the applicant need to be a swimmer (not referring to an athlete swimmer)?

2. A poster raised the issue of starting from zero regarding the ab-initio training. I need to confirm if it is a policy that exists in PAL Av, which I thought doesn't exist anywhere. If an applicant has some hours logged in his/her 'old' logbook, can the applicant transfer those hours in his/her 'new' logbook upon accepted into the school, assuming of course they are verifiable?

3. After graduation from ab-initio, would you be able to choose your career pathsay between flight instructing for a few years or proceed to the initial training for the 737 or A320 as S/O, if those were the options available? And who would cover the cost for CFI and the training for light jet?