PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Girls
Thread: Cathay Girls
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2008, 00:21
drnetsurfer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh ! Sorry Hotdog!

Never thought you were appointed the forums evaluator on grammar or sentence composition. Otherwise, you forgot a comma after (Also, you’ll find). You would also be far off the mark as to my level of education. I never remarked that cabin crew didn’t finish high school. Nor did I remark that a few might not have achieved higher levels of education. But my statement still stands, we as pilots do not have to equivocate our positions with that of the cabin crew. We need no praise from cabin crew or adoration. But they need to recognize that we do occupy different positions. As pilots, we had to slave our way to where we are today. Our positions as pilots come with certain responsibilities, authority, and privileges ( If we still have those left). If company policy allows for me to ask for coffee or other items necessary during a flight or gives the Captain higher authority and responsibility, then that’s the way it is. We don’t need the additional commentary on how hard they think we work as pilots up front or whether we are deserving of service during a flight; that’s part of the job description as cabin crew. I am not defending guys who are rude or go trolling for cabin crew to hang out with on overnights. But if someone in the cabin crew finds that they are deserving of high wages or a superior position within the company to which their overwhelming level of education affords, then by all means apply for that position. But you applied for the position of cabin crew and all that it entails. You want more, apply for something else or find a different line of work.

When I was an enlisted man in the military, I may have work harder than some in other jobs and I certainly thought I should be paid more. But I didn’t go around thinking that because the commanding officer seemly didn’t work harder in his air-conditioned office that my harder physical work or longer hours put me on equal footing with the commanding officer. As it turns out many years later when I advance to the officer corps, he actually did plenty of work as I found out.

So, I say to all pilots defend our occupation the way everyone else defends their occupations…. management, cabin crew, maintenance, electricians, plumbers etc etc We may make it look easy up front. But it wasn’t easy getting there and the job deserves the respect to which the position affords. Just like the CEO, Director of Flight Ops, etc etc

Right Hotdog!

Semper Fi