PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRISTOL - 4
Thread: BRISTOL - 4
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2008, 19:47
terrier21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I must admit I am slightly saddened by some of the posts I have read recently. Some of you may remember several years ago when I was working at the airport (MV does I'm sure after recieving a call from him regarding his navigator details) how the airport under the leadership of Skippy still had a family-esque feel to it. I still view this thread from time to time as I spent many happy hours working there.

I left at a time where an independant report was released internally stating that profitabillity needed to be increased by a high percentage, hence the reason why seats were removed (if people are standing they will be looking around shops and buying!!!) I also remember getting a rollocking after a night shift because I had checked the internet for a Rovers fan who had just landed and wanted to know the score of a match that had been played that night. It was these times that reinforced the fact that the 'Llsgate' airport had gone and that Bristol International had been turned solely into a buisness.

I still know many people who work there and I am sure that a lot of airports are the same but when consession stores lose over half of their profits to the fat cats who own the airport it just goes to show that staff are treated as two a penny. You can't look after staff when working on thoose smaller margins.

I used to sit and have a ciggy with Andrew Skipp in both the 'old' and 'new' terminals chatting about everything from new routes to golf to god knows what I also used to do the same with every other member of staff and I know A.S would too. This is what Brs seems to be lacking. The care needed for every cog in the system for without one EVERYTHING fails to work.

I hope BRS can find someone who takes the feel of the airport back to the old days for the sake of the staff the passengers and the south west region as a whole.

I understand these are just my views and probably not those of everyone but hey.

Rant over

T21