PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Afghan airbridge trial
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2008, 18:32
Pure Pursuit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I flew out of Herrick 10/11 of this month & it was a nightmare. 27 hours in total with 12 hours on the tri* before getting off at the first planned stop!

Despite the crap trip, I have to say that the crews worked their bollox off to get us home (2 urgent casevacs onboard) and they impressed me immensely... shame about the airframe!

The casevacs were on their way home on a C17 with a superb team of medics, which was diverted quick time in order to minimise delay & as we watched them fly off, another Tri* appeared to take the R&R guys home (priority). I was not gutted at all, honest...

Original jet was fixed & the rest of us flew home with a row of seats each. We routed via Cyprus & the delay there was less that 2 hours. No issues with it at all. We beat the R&R guys home too, quite a nice feeling after the banter they threw at us as the walked out to the jet!

If this airbridge works, it will shorten the rip by 2 weeks later this year. If the trial fails, it will be at no fault of the aircrew & groundcrew.

216 Sqn,

thanks for the massive effort guys.