PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VISION THREAD (other than colour vision)
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2008, 18:26
NurseToPilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi.... Have a look for my post on LASIK.... search for it near the and of VISION THREAD..... title is LASIK ... SUCCESSFUL.... or search for posts by me...

I've had it done and got my Class 1... but there are LOTS to consider... one being HALOs and GLARE....

You need your Flap to be cut larger than your largest pupil size - what i mean by this is they should measure your maximum pupil dilation in darkness with an infra red reader / measuring device (Mine was 8mm) and cut the flap accordingly and marginally bigger so my flaps were cut 9mm so that even in pitch darkness i WONT get halos as the flap scar is well away from the edge of my pupil

I'm a nurse who worked in Ophthalmology and have done lots of research into Lasik - do not take it lightly is my advice and if you have any specific questions about anything re the above please contact me as i can recommend somewhere you could go get it done...

DONT believe the hype that ULTRALASE do it from £395 per eye as its not true...... my quote was £1889 PER EYE!!

I eventually got another company to do it BOTH eyes for £1900

Hope some of this helps

JON