PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - XL Airways new 737 diverts to LCA
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2008, 15:28
Nashers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you don't want to see this forum go to ruin just answer the question no matter how stupid it may seem to you "professional pilots" without the abuse or aggression. If you don't want to answer then ignore. That way SLF and other as you put it "unwanted persons" would leave more quickly.
i would suggest using a different forum to post then such as the quwstions forum or the SLF part of PPrune.

It actually took until A and C's post #66 to supply a reasonable sensible answer and complete the picture. I am now relatively happy (not that anyone has to please me) and look forward to the report should it ever become public.
i would say post 26 would have answered all your questions.

with all due respect yamaha, its ok to ask a question but please do not comment when you have no knowledge as you have made some pretty strong statements that seriously undermine the pilots role and responsability.

many pilots have spent 50-90K in just getting trained how to fly then go onto getting trained on a type of aircraft so they know what they are doing. no airline will let a pilot onto a flight deck if they dont know what to do. procedures are put into place for problems just like this (and an engine failure is one thing pilots practice for day in day out) so pilots take the best option. no airline will want to have a hull loss that will cost the price of the aircraft, the price for every pax, the price for the cargo and the price for the sectors the aircraft has booked after the flight in question. the pilot is in the aircraft for exactly this sort of thing. on a normal flight the pilots watch over the computers which fly, but when a problem comes up they decide what to do.

the pilot will want to do the best thing as at the end of the day whatever happens to the people in the back will happen to him as well. the understanding and logic you have put into your thought process quite frankly makes no sence.

saying that, i think the crew did the job as expected. nobody hurt, aircraft still flying i presume and everyone happy. so well done!