PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another QR eathquake landing in JED?
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2008, 08:20
P.Clostermann

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe it is time to stop being hypocrites...

Most of us knowing about the Ansett story have a certain age and came to the middle east as DEC. In a way that is not that much different than what the S#$% did 19 years ago, isn't it!
We took the place of a certain FO as well, who was waiting for his command. We jumped ahead of many guys who where waiting to join the wide-body fleets.

Did we know it? YES

Did we care? NO!

Ok, its was not as blatant as with Ansett, but I feel in a way we did the same.
Expat pilots are mercenaries. We go and fly for the people who pay us the best money, we go there strictly for our own benefits and most of us do not give a damn about the others in that company as long as we get what we want!

This is exactly why you will never have the same respect from management as an expat pilot than when you are a pilot at your own airline!
Besides that,The whole union thing is very nice on paper but not in real life, and going on collective strike never has led to a positive outcome. Look at Ansett, Sabena, Swissair....etc.

Those lists....I find them very childish! Incredibly childish actually! The first time I laid eyes on them I was flabbergasted! Who are the pathetic and frustrated souls who came up with that idea? So you guys are blaming the QR management for organizing witch hunts but actually you have been doing the same for 19 years long!

GET OVER IT!

Anyway, most of you who moan about it actually should be grateful. You went to CX and ended up on the A scale, flew for another 15 years as a skipper on the best machines making loads of money, lived in Hong Kong during the real estate boom buying apartments on the company' s expenses, retired with a FORTUNE and are now here in the sandpit as old farts, once more making good money while actually occupying the places on a left seat of a younger pilot!

I dont care , believe me, you all where damn lucky...But do not point the finger at others for things you brought on to yourself in the first place!