PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VAustralia Cruise FO Interview
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2008, 23:33
V-SFO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Happy to respond,

The first SFO course starts on 31 July and I am in that class.

The interview process was very professional and enjoyable, relaxed, informative....I can't say enough good things about it.

Basically it is the standard airline interview:

1. Interview with 2 pilots/1 HR, in the "tell me about a time" something happened to you.

2. Very simple 20 question technical test...written responses....stuff an airline pilot would at least be able to speak on.

3. Psychometric computer test. You do these all at home before the interview and then do a shorter version at the interview just to validate your answers and that you didn't cheat. In the same form as Qantas would do, but not as long or as difficult.

4. A group exercise simply involving planning and communications. Probably just want to see how you function in a group.

The contract that you sign is not great, I will be the first to admit that, and you have to put a lot of faith in the people you are going to work for. But I do believe that they are going to take the same attitude that they have in the interview process, into the working environment, and into the customer experience. I have worked for both airlines that they will be competing against across the Pacific and I know they will provide a better customer experience then United does and I am sure they will be on par with Qantas. I believe there is great opportunity for success and I am happy to take the risk and be a part of it. May not be for everyone, but it fits my lifestyle.

As for my experience:

ABout 9000 hours
All Jet
4000 military fighter hours, 95% PIC.
5000 Airline hours w/ 500 in command.
Boeing and Airbus, short haul and long haul, Europe Asia, Hawaii, U.S.

Anyway, everything is about risk and reward. I think the opportunity is great here and if you are looking for a change I would highly recommend it.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by V-SFO; 21st Jul 2008 at 19:07.