PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - You Know You Are In Africa When.....
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2008, 21:19
Soap Box Cowboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After having three guys shot and wounded, two shot and killed 50 meters from me on a money run I started on insiting on a vest and straping on my nine milimeter on all money flights.

One day the head of airport security tells me I cannot do this as I am scaring the passengers. Even though I'm licenced to have it. So we come to a comprimise I can put it on once I get to the plane.

After having checked my firearm through the security (50% of the time it's not noticed) security still gives me grief about my leatherman or lighter.

Whatching the security waving his metal detector wand over a hunter who was about to go on a charter. All sounds correct till you consider the hunter had his rifle in one hand, a bowie knife strapped to his side and a belt of bullets round his waist. Wish I'd had a chance to take a picture.

Where fighter jets, which have not moved or flown for over seven years, and will never fly again are considered top secret. And not really there. Even though everybody can see them.

The army has transport aircraft which are referd to by their own pilots as "flying coffins" because they were donate with no life history.

Where the airforce repaints SAM sites even though they have not worked and will never work again. It's not like the public can see them.

Where ramp guys decide, why push the plane when we can taxi it like the pilots do. Start aircraft (amazing in itself) loose control end up crossing active runway, missing landing 737. Apparently stopped the aircraft by feathering the prop (piston mind you) and as quickly as possible pushing said aircraft back to the ramp.

Finding the chickens you were supposed to fly out o a hunting camp in the bush have been thrown into the pod without their cages. Cages did not fit.

Baggage door comes unlocked, some poor guys back are somewhere in the sea, hopefully not through someone's roof.

Search and rescue helicopter not available because pilots have already clocked off.

Tower let's VFR traffic arrive, even though when one mile from the field without the field visual everything is still deemed ok.

National airlines take priority over everyone else.