PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet Scrap 6/3 pattern
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2008, 09:41
Getoutofmygalley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lauderdale, don't let the truth get in the way of a good piece of scaremongering!

If you are going to refer to things on emails at least refer correctly. The email from TM did not say that sector pay would be cut, it said that the sector pay will instead become taxed at the request of Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs. The amount of money paid to the individual will be the same, but you will instead pay more tax - UNLESS the lobby group of easyJet, BALPA & Unite have any success.

And with regards to the "useless Union Rep at LGW", if you are not happy with that rep, speak to the others! I know that one of the others has had in excess of 30 emails (as around a week and a bit ago) to himself individually. Also, that other rep has set up a group on facebook so that crew can air there comments (It's a private group that only himself and 2 other moderators can invite people to join) so he has a number of comments from that group which express great feeling over the 6 and 3 pattern.

If you are not happy with your union representation at LGW (or a specific individual) you have the right to contact the Union at a more senior level (i.e. not the 737 branch that we are members of (ex-GB crew are different to that)) and submit a complaint.

I emailed 2 of the reps recently (the 2 that share the same email address!) regarding 6 and 3 (something I am passionate about on here, in the easyJet forum and in the crew room), I saw one of them in the crew room the following week and asked if they had received my email, she replied with "I don't think so, but we do have a lot of mail to work through" - so when I got home I immediately forwarded the message onto another rep so that I knew for sure that the message had been received by the union. Saw that rep in the crewroom a couple of days later and was told that it had been received.

Might be worth sending all emails in future to the 4 union reps that we have at LGW to guarantee receipt by at least one of them!

And playing devils advocate here, don't forget that us cabin crew love whingeing and complaining, but how often does a cabin crew member actually put pen to paper (or hand to keyboard) and actually complain to the right people? I have spoken at great length to crew regarding 6 and 3, explaining the pitfalls so that they know just how $hit it will be if it comes in, then I have asked them "Have you complained to the union?" the response has been either "I am not in the union, I don't want to waste a tenner a month on that" or "Nah, ain't got time to mail em, someone else can"