PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Beech 1900 SIC
Thread: Beech 1900 SIC
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2008, 09:23
fly1981

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I completely agree with all said above. The fact remains the aircraft is over 5700kg(well over I may add....) I also agree with the fact that there are alot of very highly experienced captains flying 1900's for SA operators that do not have SACAA/ICAO ATPL licenses, but hold FAA/JAA atpl's instead. I feel desperately sorry for these pilots. What must be kept in mind is a lot of operators in SA have been getting away with murder, employing 1200-1300hr comm captains on the 1900(where 900hrs of the respective captains experience lies in the circuit, doing touch and goes in a TIRED old c150) and paying them less then half the market rate, because quiet frankly, they do not have the experience to be in that position, realizing that, the pilot accepts the salary on the grounds he/she 'needs the hrs'. What this does to the guys with the right amount of experience(not mentioning ATPL)is career threatening, suddenly experience means nothing, operators would rather employ inexperienced pilots, on the grounds that it is legal, and pay them peanuts!!!!!!! instead of the employing pilots with the right amount of experience and having to pay a little more. This law(having to hold an atp to command a 1900D)will STOP this abuse!!!!!!and companys will be forced to employ experienced pilots and pay the market rate. Having flown for quiet a few years, it is always drummed into a pilot,that if there are two conflicting laws, you always apply the most restrictive of the two, the aircraft may be a "single crew certified" aircraft, BUT its over 5700kgs as well, which law overides which???