PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another QR eathquake landing in JED?
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2008, 08:42
P.Clostermann

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You bunch of m........

Adding 5 kts CEO man.....If you think things like that save the day...FORGET IT!

I totally agree with the flight safety office that this a BIG NONO. Its an outdated practice going back to the dark ages of the 707 and should not be done on modern jetliners!
Dont you think airbus would have come up with procedures like this in case they thought it was necessary?

FLAPS FULL.....man, you must be an even bigger moron than we all think! What does airbus say as recommended procedure in gusty conditions and windshear??? Exactly...use FLAPS 3!

FLAPS 3 TO FLAPS FULL IS A DRAG FLAP SETTING MY FRIEND. It reduces the energy level of your aircraft and hence it might reduce your landing distance required. It lowers your body angle as well.
But it is not the setting to be used in situations where you need all the energy possible, such as this one!

If a new guy joins QR with 2o years instruction behind his teeth and he can prove to be worthy of his name and fame, by all means he should be made instructor instantly!
Instructing is not a given right, it is a privilege. And most pilots are not fit at all for instructing! They might be good operators but they lack the people knowledge to transfer that information! Just like these wanabees in QR who see being instructor as a given right or a promotion!

Thats exactly why the jordanian with small man syndrome and tiny glasses just got his ass kicked out of training. The moment he became TRE he started abusing his powers because he thought he became invincible!

So YES: use the experience of possible new joiners over seniority! And by the way, this will take care of all the drinking/shisha smoking deals that are being made outside of the system at the same time!

And boys, can we lay that Ansett thing to rest please? Its been almost 20 years now!
I find it VERY VERY low of you LULU, to bring up these matters here, as well as virtually disclosing the guy's identity on this forum! It is disgusting! Exactly how many AUS/USA trainers you think we have here uh?

I will recommend your post to be deleted by the mods...the S*** word is forbidden on these forums!

Last edited by P.Clostermann; 17th Jul 2008 at 20:55. Reason: Pastis!