PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New DII(F) IT System
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2008, 07:46
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
And you will have to learn a whole new raft of acronyms. At £7.3Bn they obviously had a whole office full of wanabee designers.

No longer do you have a CPU and VDU. Now you have a UAD!

I migrated but it took 4 weeks (they lost the application) to transfer me from DII/c to DII/f. In fact they didn't transfer me at all. I did the transfer by saving all my Dii/c emails and address book etc and documents and emailing them to my new account. When they did the 'transfer' they stated that information on Dii/c would not be transfered and that despite assurances last year that it would.

Then getting access is another WHOLE new ball game. I was lucky. I did an ISyO course 18 years ago so I was qualified. I was then able to get a password for my IMO but he has yet to do the security course. As for the rest of the guys - no chance. They have done the course to use Dii/f but they now await an AD to authorise their accounts - at a cost.

The AD is an Authorised Demander and, as of last week, Air Command had not decided who was going to be the AD.

Ah, love it when a plan comes to gether. One final thing, Dii/f guys (Atlas) come in pairs. Dii/c made do with one technician.