PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TACA aircraft crashed in Honduras
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2008, 01:44
RWA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DL-EDI
It will only become a "cover-up" if significant information is withheld from relevant parties
With respect, DL-EDI, I reckon that we've already arrived at that point. C and D traffic has now been cleared to use Toncontin again. How are the pilots and crews (leave alone the passengers!) going to feel about that, when no facts at all have been revealed about the possible causes of a recent fatal accident? Surely they're 'relevant parties'?

Incidentally, the re-opening of the airport is based on an ICAO report on the runway etc. which said that it was safe. However, the press report said that the ICAO had further recommended that A320s should not land there, and that A319s should be used instead.

It will be interesting to see whether TACA resumes A320 services, or substitutes A319s as recommended?

Originally Posted by DL-EDI
Perhaps they're just not accustomed to keeping Joe Public informed - I don't know.
As it happens, only hearsay, but an acquaintance of mine hails from Central America (Panama). He told me that the government runs El Salvador with an iron hand - and that TACA more or less 'runs' the government..........