PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas once took a moral stand. Believe it, or not...........
Old 16th Jul 2008, 23:13
Tempo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stubby Jumbo.....banning smoking in the workplace is not a QF thing....I think you will find it is the law.

As far as QF selling cigarettes onboard.....they are quite within their right to do so. It's called making money and last time I checked this concept was the basis behind any business. The demand is there so why not take the opportunity. Smokers will either buy duty free cigarettes a) before departure in duty free b) after arrival in duty free or now c) onboard. As far as 'insulting' those staff who detest smoking.....harden up. They are not being forced to smoke the things and it's not like passengers are going to crack open a carton of winnie blues in Row 50 and light up exposing crew to smoke. I dont hear anyone preaching about QF selling duty free alcohol. I mean....that is exactly the same concept. They are both drugs which are both terrible for your health and yet are both acceptable forms in modern society. And news flash.....QF sell alcohol to make money!!!

If what QF is doing is so bad....why aren't you all lobbying the government to ban the selling of cigarettes in Duty free stores/Supermarkets/corner shops/service stations/bottleshops/cigarette machines etc etc...........(they are all trying to make money too....does that make them sellouts???)