PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2008, 20:56
walter kennedy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is wrong with you all?
You profess to want to clear the pilots' names but you will not contemplate a scenario that guarantees their exoneration – why is this?
Information keeps coming in that supports the already strong case that they were involved in a thus far undisclosed exercise – how can the MOD do anything but exonerate them if it is found that it has for 14 years omitted to mention such?
All that is required is for a few of you to come forward into the open with what you know.
I can only think that your reluctance is because you have swallowed a line something like “Unfortunate accident – keep it quiet to avoid needless serious embarassment – not a deliberate act – bad for PR – serious political repercussions – security considerations for future use of important system – blah, blah”.
And you loyally follow the line.
But you didn't expect the pilots to take such a fall, did you?
Why should you keep quiet when these young men were so unfairly dealt with?
And the longer it is dragged out, the greater is going to be the shame if and when it does get exposed.
Let me tell you just how far it has unfolded to date:
(Remember that my analysis pointed to a particular type of equipment being on board?)
I am told that not only was the requisite onboard equipment fitted but the ground crew (who worked on ZD576 immediately before that final flight) were making good a botched (a common occurrence) special trials fit working on that very equipment's (anti-vibration) mounts (doesn't fit with their story at the BOI, does it Brian?);
And this equipment had been around in the RAF for trials for at least a year before the crash so a good many of you would have been familiar with it and could have saved a lot of time - years in fact.
Get your act together:
cooperate amongst yourselves using this thread constructively to get as full a verifiable picture as possible – don't be shy of communicating – ignore Orwell's sheep;
as a group demand where the sets used for those trials are now – account for them all;
demand to know who expedited the fit to ZD576;
demand an explanation as to why that significant piece of nav equipment did not get a mention in the AAIB report (or anywhere else for that matter) and where the hell is it now.
There is nothing to loose – if you start seriously to explore this aspect, the MOD may loose its nerve and move to clear their names so as as to take the wind out of this thread ... its objective achieved.