PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another QR eathquake landing in JED?
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2008, 13:55
Hajj Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe I am just in a different frame of mind these days and not concentrating very much but this thread seems to be getting confused to me.

My opinion is that a training captain is TRAINED to handle situations like this and if he/she cannot see a potentially dangerous situation going to unfold and take control of the aircraft then it is he/she to blame.

It is also part of the blame of the way the training department are just not monitoring who is a training position and checking them or giving them any other continuous ongoing training to keep them up to speed, new ideas and/or the changes in the pilots who are to be trained and how to handle these second officers/low time pilots. Yes, sure you use to be a training captain 10 years ago in your country but that was when people had to have some qualifications and experience to get hired into the right seat. Things have changed and so should the structure of how to train or have these pilots introduced into the right seat. I don't know how to do it but I am sure seminars and other airline consultants can give some advice.

I am sorry to say but our chief pilot of training needs to come up with some new plans and ideas that will work. So far since he has been here the training has taken a few steps backwards with some of these changes.

HM

Last edited by Hajj Man; 16th Jul 2008 at 14:09.