PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia - Wannabes & Recruitment
Old 16th Jul 2008, 11:40
I Just Want To Fly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I completely forgot to post that I met two of the trainers at V-Australia last weekend. They are both currently with DJ, and one was previously with VS. They will be trainers but also flying as FMs. Both very nice, they have only just done their medicals!

Anyway, back to routes...

I think VA is keen to keep ops as an international airline, and doing a SYD-PER would be taking business away from DJ. Where as if the operated trans tasman SYD-AKL services, it would not. I think Pac Blue only flies AKL-BNE, so would not be in direct competion.

A very good route to consider though would be a PER-LHR service, simply due to the massive number of Pohms living in PER. I know VS is considering it, when they finally get the new 787s. not sure if the 777er would make it all the way, or would have to refuel in DXB or somewhere...

I think it will be a good 5 years before a PER base would even be glanced at, let alone actually considered. Let's remember, none of us even have the job yet, only a handfull have even done the medicals, the planes aren't flying yet, regulatory approval is still pending, there are only two routes on sale, and the inaugral flight still has heaps of seats left!

Anyway, good luck to everyone, happy flying, happy waiting.....