PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Exodus from Skippers (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2008, 09:53
skycapt_73

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
V1, im not sure where you are getting your information and I for one and sick and friggin tired of all this crap about cadets at skippers, so to all you knockers and know it all’s, the REAL number of cadets in Skippers over the last 12 months can be counted on 1 hand! Yes that’s right....there are none on the Bras fleet, 2 on the Dash fleet and 1 on the Metro fleet, now lay that against the direct entry intake of the past 12 months on the Dash and Metro fleets alone, 4 Captains (3 dash and 1 metro), and 7 FO’s (across both dash and metro, some of which will be capt’s at some stage) and that’s 3 out 11 of the starters that were cadets if you included the bras direct entry FO's the ratio is even greater. I happen to know pretty well all of the recent cadets and they are good people and good pilots (some even considered excellent), I have spoken to several Captains on both Metro and Dash fleets and these cadets you keep dumping on are all considered experienced and capable pilots. (I think there is one additional cadet in the holding pattern waiting for a cadet opening).
Additionally I have a family, and I am studying at UNI and I am making it work along with many other pilots at skippers.
Lastly, um which barrack sites would these jets you speak of be able to operate into? You said yourself its $13 mill to upgrade a gravel strip, cost to benefit’s says they wouldn’t do both, purchase and upgrade the strips so why would they do either?.

FRQ, I understand that all the negative ill informed advisors may be sending you a dark message but I for one enjoy working for the company, however I do agree with some previous advice from V1 Handing over, and that is to "wipe your own butt and don’t expect anyone else to" (I think that goes for cover you own as well), also join AFAP or the TWU (as advised by Lefty)( I think its good advice to do this no matter where you may work). I think as with all GA this company has its pros and cons but as I say I like it and I have been here over 12 months. With respect to the intake the only advice I can offer is that the company is always looking for good aircrew if you have been through the process I would keep in touch with the CP by email (available on the web site) and keep skippers informed of your current situation and advise your interest.