PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - One-Two-Go Grounded!
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2008, 09:20
bkkfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'][/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']The crew centre informed us Udom has gone to China along with his daughters. Interestingly, several pursers and senior attendants were sent on an all expenses paid trip to Singapore. This was to avoid FAA investigators as initial investigations have revealed that OG crew were often rostered to fly OX and vice-versa. Most OG cabin crew are not certified to fly 747 and OX are not certified to fly MD's (or trained on safety equipment). (I the Phuket crash the surviving female attendant was OX not OG!!!) this has never come out.

For the record it's not true that OG has lost its AOC. It is still under consideration by the DCA. I have spoken with Khun Chaisuk at the flight standards bureau at the DCA who told me that it is under consideration and the decision will be released on Monday. However Thai DCA is totally corrupt and I have no doubt with money paid to the right people OG will continue to fly (should Udom want it to).
[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']On the day of the Phuket crash, pilot Arief had already completed 5 or more sectors. He had commenced at 5:00am. He was also fasting as it was the month of Ramadan and had not eaten anything since before dawn. Obviously this too was a contributing factor that I don't believe has yet been investigated.

My friend who was cabin crew on the flight and survived told me that she was paid not to tell the DCA how many sectors she had completed that day as it was over the regulated limit. She too had commenced at 5:00am and completed 5 sectors and at the time of the crash she was asleep in the bulk head crew seat. She is now working in the crew centre as her injuries prevent her from ever flying again and Udom wants to keep her “contained”.
[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Further update: Several of OG’s MD’s have been parked away in HK.Is this to avoid examination? Crew on OX charter flight from HK to Phuket today called to say they had seen them parked along with the defunct HK airlines aircraft.[/FONT]
I hate to say this, but there is no way UDOM or OG/OX is going down. Udom has too many connections in Thailand and unfortunately Thailand is still too corrupt. Thai people working for the airline are too scared to speak out (piss the big guys off and you can just disappear here). Those who do speak out are the “farang” pilots who have already left back to the safety of their own countries and they are just branded as complainers. Face it, the reality is that OG/OX will fly until the next crash which only then will be Udom’s demise.