PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 16th Jul 2008, 05:49
drnetsurfer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys Waiting!

Hey I appreciate the kind words from the guys on here to be patient....but for the America guys out there like myself. Waiting 14,15, 16,17, 18 weeks in uncertainty is a bit crazy right now...... So, we better start working whatever else maybe available...( "Do you want to super size that sir!"). yes! I know! not much else out there. And trust me, I feel your pain. But we all know most of us (oh yeah! some of us) are counting down to walking the streets at some places. Having had a great experience with the Emirates interview...it's a bit disappointing not to have a courtesy email. Either the one that says we don't need your services or hang in there we want to hire you sit tight. Or even a hey we were desperate for guys before and now we have the pick of the guys in America in a few weeks when the carnage begins......your 737 time while desireable at the time you applied doesn't quite cut it. hey! At least it's honest.....as opposed to silence! now before the Brits, Aussies, South Africans etc etc start in on how Americans are so spoiled and demanding ( here we go!). A good number of other guys I interviewed with are waiting as well and they are not Americans. This game playing may well be the right of Emirates (since they're doing the hiring) and in accords with what they have to do business wise. But it still feels a bit rude to totally ignore emails when most of us were told to do so at the 6-8 week mark which has come and gone for most of us. So, is this the side of Emirates that wasn't shown in the interview phase? Is there more we don't know, I wonder? Hmmm