PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another QR eathquake landing in JED?
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2008, 04:23
knotaloud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Went and asked one of the safety guys. We have had 5 hard landings in 3 years. He didn't know whether this was statistically ok or not as airlines accept this as part of the business of operating. There was no hard landing in KTM. CEO you should know that responsible pilots will report a 'suspected' hard landing which is what the KTM one was.
Reference Cathay, I asked one of the guys we have here about their SO scheme. They do have ex SO's now checked out in command. However, they do not allow their SO's to fly until they have checked out in the rhs. This takes around 2 years.
The Sqdr Ldr and Safari Goat appear to be right on the money so read what they have to say again! (Should be a 'q' not a 'g' right de L'Antique?) Except that apparently the aircraft did not 'sink at the last moment'. It flew into the ground as you would expect from a low-time pilot flying in those conditions.
Amazing what you can discover just by asking around rather than foaming off at the mouth like some!
And thanks, John321, for letting me fly your BIG planes! Wow. And there I was thinking I was working for QR 'cause they needed me? Silly me.