PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer v Pilot
Thread: Lawyer v Pilot
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2008, 23:03
bonalste

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've seen a few posts on here lately of a similar nature. They all seem to be almost asking for clarification that flying is the correct path. The way I see it, if you have to ask (and I know you didn't want anyone to say this) then it is not for you... YET. The fact is, you're torn between two possible routes in your life and, as has been mentioned earlier in this thread, you shouldn't decide on either if you can help it until you are 100% certain in your mind what you want to do.

And the phrase 'in your mind' is important. We can all tell you what we would do or prescribe you the benefits that we perceive of one route over another, but they are all opnions. The only opinion that matters is your own. As I mentioned at the beginning, it feels like you're hoping for us to solidify in your mind that you should go one route or another, but you'll never get that here. You need to look into yourself to find that answer.

I guess that what I'm saying is, if you have to come on here and ask, you are not ready yet. You are certainly not ready to shell out £70,000. It's a lot of money and a lot of heart-ache if you decide that it's not for you. Likewise, if you choose not to be a pilot and go down the lawyer route, you could regret it for the rest of your life.

Take some space to think about it. Mull it over some with friends and family, by all means, but in the end the decision can't be anyone elses but your own. I don't think that putting it down to pro's and con's will work either. This is a huge step and it has more emotion involved in it than can be put down in a few bullet points. If you're meant to fly you'll know soon enough. Think about it and the answer will come to you. Just don't make the wrong decision now and regret it because that would be a tragedy. If you come to the conclusion that you don't know whether this or that is the right path, but you know you'll regret it if you don't try, I'd say you've found your answer.