PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer v Pilot
Thread: Lawyer v Pilot
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2008, 20:58
dragonfly6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its a tough one. I have three lawyers and three pilots in the family including myself and i couldnt see any of them doing the others job. akindofmagic is right, they are both a long grind. I agree with jasoninlondon to an extent but you do sound keen on "giving it a bash". I would say in hindsight it may not really be the sort of career you give a bash. Your journey to the front seat of an airliner will be harder and more expensive than that into a lawyers office. I got into it purely out of chance without considering it properly at all. If i knew what i know now i would have thought alot harder. I would still have made the same choice though.

Maybe the attitude of jasoninllondon (and myself when i started out) is ironically beneficial - sod it - give it a go. if my attitude wasnt so blaze to the down sides im not sure how i would have dealt with the instability, never ending dissapointment, delays, expenses and uncertaintly that comes with landing an airline job. Id say you have to be either very philisophical or very keen.

Last edited by dragonfly6; 15th Jul 2008 at 21:40.