PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2008, 20:49
Pablo Martin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Someone just scraping by will undoubtedly struggle to get into the likes of BA I'd have thought
You'd be suprised, some of the people I saw on JOC

I'm on a 6 month contract with another airline working as ground-crew which I'm really enjoying, fantastic experience and good pay. So basically that is my alternative. Should I get to the end of that contract and EZY have still not come up with the goods then I guess I look around for another job, perhaps look at Cityjet, but given what were all hearing EZY are short staffed not to mention the rest of industry. It is just physically impossible for them to not recruit, pilots leave/retire/die(god forbid) and to keep the a/c going they need more people. Cadets are cheap and very well trained.

I just wanted to clarify, the EZY holding pool is not for the scrape through cadets who struggled, everyone there deserves to be there as they have survived a very very tough course and achieved a high standard. Not everyone gets into BA, there have been some very surprising assessment results (not including mine as I wasn't particularly surprised!) just goes to show that just being a good pilot doesn't necessarily make you a "BA person".

MP

Last edited by Pablo Martin; 15th Jul 2008 at 21:07.