PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IR Training Provider Recommendations
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2008, 20:08
glush

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did mine in April/May this year with Aerodynamics in Malaga. They operate BE76's. Weather excellent, a REAL international airport to fly from (LEMG) giving you a proper insight to commercial IFR flying. There is none of the superfluous aggro we get in the UK like 170A's (a ruse to get student pilots to uneccesarily handover more of their cash), and none of the messing around trying to get training slots for approaches at UK airfields that basically would prefer there to be no training flights..... In Spain, you file your flight plan (to Seville, Jerez, Granada, Almeria - all international airfields with all types of approaches) and depart.... A really pleasant experience and some amazing scenery.... The school itself is very professional, and I got a first time pass... (Although to be fair I already held an IMC rating which undoutedly helped me). If I had attended the course full time I could have finished in 4 to 5 weeks, as it was I had to travel down there at weekends to do it, and spend the odd week down there.... even so, it only took me 8 weeks. You hear horror stories of folk here taking 4 or 5 months!
Hope this helps.....