PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SARH to go
Thread: SARH to go
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2008, 19:40
3D CAM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Crab.
The Dave Bullock tragedy is an example of the changes that can be brought to "the party" with civilianisation of SAR. The report into his death recommended dual, same capability, hoists I believe. This was accepted and then ran into the mandarins in Whitehall! End of Story!Their salary/pension is more important than a life!
When Billy Deacon died and the subsequent report made the same recommendation, it was actioned and installed and trialled without delay.
We, civvies/ex-mil, do not have to put up with extended
trials of equipment.(Although I wish the 139/92 had been given more of a going over than appears to have been done, given the last few days!) Most stuff has been in use elsewhere so can easily be adapted to whichever aircraft/person it has to be strapped on to! E.g. Flir1000 begat Flir2000 which itself led to the 4000. Now the Wescam. How long did you have to wait for Flir? Oh, sorry you had NVG didn't you? But you will be bringing that along won't you.
I am not making political points out of the deaths of two great guys! Just trying to point out that the civilian world can react quicker, sometimes, to tragedy than the military which is top heavy with bureaucrats and A.V.M.'s etc worrying about their knighthood!
3D