PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2008, 14:57
Pablo Martin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good hard working cadets will always find work as they will be doing everything in their power to ensure they get that coveted position. (I'll add in a note to say this doesn't mean only aviation)
Hold on a second, EZY don't discriminate. It doesn't matter whether you scrape through or pass with flying colours (no pun intended), at the moment its just a numbers. So don't go thinking that if you pass everything first time you'll definitely get a job... Trust me I did "everything in my power" along with everyone else but sadly, life's hard and if companies aren't recruiting... they just aren't recruiting.

Furthermore, I'm a cadet currently in the holding pool for EZY and despite having no degree, no experience and no previous jobs I found myself a job to service my loan quite happily. But that is almost certainly by luck more than my skills. So my advice to someone looking at going to CTC as a cadet now is, if you want it then go for it, sooner rather than later. Don't hang around and do a degree that isn't what you want and that'll get you into more debt. I'm living, breathing(most of the time) proof that it can be done. Just read all the contracts carefully before signing so you know where you stand and you'll be fine.

MP