PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LIVERPOOL - 2
Thread: LIVERPOOL - 2
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2008, 11:46
kriskross

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
The whole point about the staff queeing at LPL security is that the former staff channel is now used for the airport fast track passengers who are paying extra for the privilege of by-passing the non-paying pax.

This has led to delays for crews, sometimes significant at busy times when you are trying to make a first wave departure on time.

It has been standard practice for crew to go to the front of this queue as we do after all have to be at the aircraft first. One of my CC was shouted at very rudely last week by the security person and told very loudly in front of our passengers to go to the back of the queue. After I passed this on to my Company, we are now cleared to go to the front to security card/ boarding card check then wait in turn for the scanner ( this can also cause delay with pax unfamiliar with procedures not realising about taking off shoes, coats, handbags, phones etc).

All of this would be avoided if the aiport wasn't trying to fleece extra money out of pax, or provided a proper staff channel. With the current rebuilding in the Security area, hopefully these problems may be resolved.