PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Amenity Kits!!!!
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2008, 11:02
HotDog
The Reverend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Amused Reader, you've got it all wrong. Myself and my contemporarys who joined Cathay in the sixties on Electras and CV880s and had no compunctions of being called out for duty during a midnight tryst, to operate a flight in the early hours of the morning, which was supposed to be your day of rest on the roster; if you could call it that in those days. We didn't whinge or whine. We were rewarded with an invitation to the Swire penthouse for cocktails , lunch or dinner where the chairman would shake your hand and enquire about the health of your family, correctly naming all your offspring and wife. Our life was Cathay and we shared happiness and grief, like the destruction of VR-HFZ, blown out of the sky by a bomb in the cabin over Pleiku on June 15, 1972 with the loss of 81 lives, ten crew and 71 passengers. Our efforts in those days have shaped Cathay to what it is today, so don't tell me we are whingeing and whining Amused Reader, for the loss of little comforts that cost the company zilch.