PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2008, 10:42
BitMoreRightRudder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree. CTC have a large financial interest in you once you have jumped through all the hoops on the course and have your fATPL. It is very worthwhile having them behind you, even more so when jobs are few and far between. But certainly having an idea of what you might do to earn some cash should you find yourself twiddling your highly trained thumbs for a few months as akindofmagic has mentioned is really important at the moment.

At ezy the latest ctc guys who have just come through type ratings and are doing their 6 months "probation" (lets face it, six months with no pay) are likely to be the first guys to find ezy don't offer them a contract once the 6 months is up. Clearly no reflection on their ability, more a reflection that times are hard. This is the feedback being given by the BALPA reps from their meetings with ezy management, and if this does turn out to be the case then it is not great news. I hope they all get permanent employment.

I'm not trying to cause unnecessary concern, but this is the reality of the situation out there right now. Two years from now? Who knows.