PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Forces in Afghanistan 'for years'
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2008, 01:08
KeepItTidy

OK Old Fat one I retract my comments as im an airman and I can do that.

My comments towards officers is justified, who else do us lower ranks look up to for leadership and direction (IMLC and NCO training says) , our peers and mainly officers. Over the last 5 years the RAF has went from being the best job ever for all to, well words cannot say it better wank !!!! , everyone wants out and not a week goes by when somebody wants to leave. You say you are an ex officer then you have not seen what has happened to our great service , my grandad, my father and I all been airforce , I left school and joined up and I have gave my bit , in 4 years my 22 will be done. I like you and all around me have enjoyed most of the years in the RAF until the last 5 years , the rot set in , things changed so much between now and them its an Air Force that is well not recognisable anymore. Sure you can say to me get on with it you are in the RAF ,stop whinging and all that , I have lost freinds , I have done my wars , I have been bombed,I have also nearly done my time to the country and all this time without question , but after giving so much surely I should have that right to question what my leaders are doing for my cause.
You come across as a typical one that refuses to accept blame and pass it on elsewhere, sure thats fine but for once think that when you were in many hundreds of people worked for you and made you what you are today in your nice retirement cottage and a nice pension, well done

Last edited by KeepItTidy; 15th Jul 2008 at 01:20.