PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vietnam Airlines (info please)
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2008, 19:05
Lost in Saigon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tamie
Hello folks!
I found this thread and read all the pages (uuh, a lot of...).
There was a lot of good information here, and I decided to apply for the job A320 as first officer a while ago. I have a current rating and about 3000 hrs on Airbus.

Can someone here who is working there already tell me if they stopped hiring new first officers? I didn't hear anything from the agencies. I thought to get at least the possibility to do a screening or interview or so...

It looked like VAC needs crews desperately as the agencies are posting ongoing starts and improving their conditions. But no reply for weeks now. I asked them and they told me they would contact me when there would be any news so no news obviously. Not enough hours? Wrong gender? Wrong history?

Well, maybe I had the naive idea... thought I could come along and start there immediately no, I won't as it looks like.

Any idea? I need work, so will try something else, but I would prefer this job in Saigon.

Thank you for any information!
Make sure you apply with all the contractors. Occasionally one or more of the contractors will be overlooked by VNA when they are looking for pilots.

Usually it is because someone at the contractors head office forgot to provide a little brown envelope under the right door in Hanoi.