PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Their Airships are not amused
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2008, 17:12
Monty77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I've read this thread, and now I'm really confused as to who should grow up, and why. I totally lost it when Navy Frigates entered the fray.

Commissioned types, eh?

They come in a variety of guises, just as SNCOs do. Take a man who has devoted himself to achieving Air Rank over a period of 30 years with all the attendant sacrifices with regard to family and personal choice.

At retitrement will he:

a. Say, '"Oh, f*ck it. I have served Queen and country well. I shall now become a postman, and continue to serve a grateful public and their Alsations.

b. Say, " I shall now explore the Hindu Kush and paint wild flowers."

c. Use his expertise and get a job with any large company who can use the skills he (or she, obviously) has accrued over the past 30 years.

Answers on a post card to PO Box Notgivina****

Private companies do not employ the useless at higher levels. They must bring something in, even if it is only reputation. And before anyone says, "oh yes they do, then I invite them to apply for a job on the board at say BAE Systems. Bigging it up on an aviation website under an anonymous name will not bring in a big salary. It may impress a few Walts and 14 year olds.