PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aerologic
Thread: Aerologic
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2008, 13:54
stardustcologne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, I am sorry for that, but I was really upset about that posting. Germans who are arrogant like this are the reason why most Germans are very unpopular all over the world. Unfortunately I went down to a similar level but just wanted to show my annoyance about that. I would rather like to have this discussion more supportive and informative. So I will stop being annoyed about posting like the ones before and rather ignore them.

So, about Aerologic there is not much to tell right now, noone knows how operation will be. It is just assumption.

Denti told a lot about the probable net income, which is very helpful. But you have to take into account the cost of living in Germany.

Actually living in eastern Germany especially in the area of Leipzig is quite cheap. In comparison with the expensive cities like Koeln, Muenchen, Hamburg there you only pay half of prices for housing and gastronomy.

And when you need to have a calm life with plenty of nature around you, you will be very lucky there. If you rather need more entertainment, there are small towns like Magdeburg or Chemnitz quite close. But I don't really know if it is not too provincial there. I have been there for a few days and it was quite nice - but nothing compared to Koeln ().
I would rather think about moving to Berlin - but it depends on roster, because Berlin is a distance away from Leipzig. Living in Berlin gives everything ones heart desires. And there you find apartments more than double a size of those we have here in Koeln for a very reasonable price - and you are in the middle of everything.

But anyway, everyone has to see if the income is good enough for living and maybe saving some money, depending on what you have now and what you will find in Germany. For some pilots it would be a good step, others may have better options. I won't go to Aerologic, I will stay where I am now, changes are in other directions .
But I would never tell anybody rather not to come to Germany because everything is sooooo bad and people are sooooo "Nazi" (go away) - and to be honest: There are plenty of countries with a high tax system. You have to deal with the net insome and have to cope with the taxes. On the other hand, you have a very good health care here, and living is on a high standard (at least fo all of those who have an income like pilots do).