PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bunch of Idiots Downunder?
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2001, 09:15
joebloggs

Post Bunch of Idiots Downunder?

Isn't it possible to ban individuals from PPRUNE rather than close the forum to everyone? And doesn't PPRUNE'S legal waiver to any individual comments that might be made on the forums clear PPRUNE of any legal action? Surely if individuals threaten legal action it should be against those who post slanderous or possibly even libelous comments on the forum? Why have you shot the messenger, not the authors of the messages? Perhaps if you are so fearful of legal action you will have to restrict membership to those who are willing to provide you with some proven identity?

From The Downunder and Godzone forum -

Once again due to a few individuals who are obviously unable to act in a remotely civilised manner I have received threats of legal action because of those individuals inability to have a debate without resorting to slanderous or possibly even libelous comment.
Thanks to these few people who think that they can either say what they like from behind their cloaks of anonymity because they choose to hide their email addresses or have cancelled their registered email addresses, once again this forum brings itself into disrepute. Although it is only a few individuals with their own agendas I have decided to prevent any more posts being made to this forum for the time being.

I will review it later.

------------------
Capt PPRuNe
aka Danny Fyne
The Professional Pilots RUmour NEtwork