PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Flight Information
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2008, 11:49
eu01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can only quote you my own post dated 10th of February (well before the new system was introduced)
Originally Posted by eu01
Navitaire NewSkies
(...) let's see
:Navitaire began developing a completely new, online reservation system - New Skies - using the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0, Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Edition database server, and the Microsoft Windows Server 2003 operating system.
Ryanair heavily depending on the M$-based software? That will certainly cost them a bit and could force to upgrade the hardware as well. And it also gives some hints why the switch to this new software has already been postponed...
But even I didn't anticipate such a massive problems. And what about the EU regulator; didn't they ask why for such a long time you are being unable to clearly show the total price at the start of the booking process (FR showed the prices incorrectly even before the partial collapse of their booking engine)? This system is wasting your money and reducing incomes, but above all it's testing your customers' patience, dear Ryanair!

Last edited by eu01; 14th Jul 2008 at 12:07.