PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry into CASA.
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2008, 23:49
Bob Murphie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been warned. I see. You attacked Bill Hamilton.

You are preaching to the converted about anything CASA, and Bill, Paul Rees, and Paul Phelan mirror any submission I may have written. Indeed I had prior knowledge of the basics of Bill's submission.

So I took your post personally.

Edit to add after waiting 2 hours past my Dr appointment with time for reflection.

Mate, I think you may have hit the nail on the head with what is wrong with half our industry. "particularly, typical, negative unhelpfull VH response".

Why is this peculiar to Australia, when someone gets some sort of qualification he becomes a professor of everything since Otto Lilienthal?

I make no boasts except having a licence since 1963 and a sum total of a little under 2000 hours on various forms of flying machine. I have owned an Auster, Maule and a Colt, just sold one hangar queen and have two more that may or may not fly depending on what it is likely to cost me to do so.

I look up to my seniors who mainly treat me with a mild indifference, but I listen and ask questions. They regard me as intelligent enough to hear their words of wisdom.

I try not to preach to those who don't want to hear.

I do have opinions however.

I am still alive despite having learned the hard, and scarry way, some things I would like to pass on to others. But I am sh!t scared that CASA may have some retrospective matter they want to deal with me about.

I'm not a genius, but I must be doing something right if I'm still here.

A lot are not, if you read the yearly statistics of hours flown and those that have given up due to over regulation, money grabbing, stupid laws, and new enforced gadgetry.

Bill is old enough to look after himself. He and I were around when we had the quadrantal rule.

Last edited by Bob Murphie; 14th Jul 2008 at 05:48.