PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aerologic
Thread: Aerologic
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2008, 19:50
warmkiter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
willkommen in Leipzig

Hi Guys

I can only confirm the previous posts about quality of living in Germany. If you qualify for the job at Aerologics, i would never ever consider to move to Germany and especially not to Leipzig. With your skills and knowledge you can get a better deal!

First of all, this place is in the middle of nowhere. They have clean new roads and autobahns payed by your taxes, but taking you to nowhere. You will not have ID tickets, so have fun commuting.

Taxes suck in Germany. 10% of the population pay 90% of the taxes and you will be one of the happy 10%. The former east German states are not the blossoming landscapes, the fat ex chancelor promised. These areas have high unemployment rates, lack of education and a real problem with racist behaviour due to a high frustration level. Consider that an extreme right wing party NPD gets elected in state counsils and state level parlament. This is one of the indications how these people think. If you are black, gay or something else not arian, many areas here are unsafe for you to enter. No joke!

Many guys working for the LH are commuting outside of Germany, not because they have, but because they can. A lot of highly qualified people leave the country every year and this braindrain is already a problem. Medical personel make double the money and have much better working conditions in Switzerland and hospitals in Germany have a problem to employ.

Inform your self about where are you going and how much you get for it and how much you pay. Money is not everything, but lack of it may only be acceptable if the rest of the deal is good.

I dont want to sound too critical, but dont let the shiny big ship fool you to work for pennies. In the end its the quality of life what makes us happy, not the TOW on the L/S.

Sunny greets from Spain

L