PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Command Tips.
Thread: Command Tips.
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2001, 12:55
Liffy

RAFAT: from your posting, a number of character pre-requisites for "command" are conspicuous in their glaring ommission. Not in any particular order, they are;

1) Maturity
2) Experience
3) Ability to read and absorb.

My, my, my....in 6-8 months you expect have the necessary hours required for your command... So that means you probably now have around 1600 hours of flying experience. Wow! How much of that enormous experience is as part of a multi-pilot crew operating in an I.F.R. environment? And from your obvious lack of wealth of experience, how much have you learned about what it takes to lead and organize, as well as have the ability inspire the confidence that is required in every member of your crew to do their jobs competently and with pride. Not very much from what I can see.

Your immature outburst at CYB's post reveals an inability to read and absorb the intended thrust of his post. I have read it over numerous times and I fail to see any intent to slag a fellow crew-member. I get quite the opposite impression. I'll fly with him any day.

You on the other hand, appear instantly ready to misconstrue intent and fling insult at wrongly perceived impressions. Hardly the "right stuff" that command material is made of. With your attitude, some day you will be a prime candidate for some ops administrative job that requires lots of paper pushing...anything to get you out of the way of the real 'line pilots'.

A friendly word of advice mate. Change your attitude and try to pick up as much as you can from those who have gone before you. That fourth stripe does not give you a license to be a know-it-all. A little humility together with an open mind instead of a selective one will make that fourth stripe either a decoration on a stuffed shirt, or something to be worn with pride and meaning.