PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - Wannabes & Recruitment IV
Old 13th Jul 2008, 15:14
Lauderdale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TEACAS........are you seriously telling me that the stands in the South during summer are so full that most have to go the 130's and 140's because the BA fleet is up in the air? (ask yourself this; if that was the case (which it is not!) why not utilise the empty stands?).

Looks like the 01st of April has come round early again!

Trust me - having worked both in the North as well as South on Dispatch it is all down to licenses; with stand utilisation being very poor in the North and further schedule reduction this winter as advised via this forum chanches are this will now be addressed.

Have a chat with the likes of Transat who pay for a jetty stand bur reguraly end up on 136 etc.....or have a look at 31 to 38 with slot 1 EZY followed straight after by VS & MON/ZB with NWA often having to wait in the cul de sac for stand clearance....do I need to go on? When was the last time you saw an a/c waiting for a stand on 63 etc?

I am not having a go at BA (I wore that uniform for over 10 years); point is that things will be changing at LGW with BA pulling out capacity and the new open skies agreement.

It aint that hard!