PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Was it the same? When you were having your flight training
Old 13th Jul 2008, 13:51
JB007

PPRuNe Secret Agent!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is what I did - it worked!

Hi guys,

I started my full time ATPL writtens at an amazing school at Baginton International (ATA) in October 2000 in a very positive pilot job market place. I was on unpaid leave from a good job within the airline industry. I had all 14 subjects complete by August 2001. By the 10th September 2001 I was completely screwed!

I went back to work, watched the industry improve, secured my exams by completing my CPL, went back to work, watched some more, took 12 months leave entitlement all together and completed my IR...by March 2004 I had a blue book in my sticky mit with an Instrument Rating!

By November 2004 I had employment secured with the best turbo-prop job in the UK...wonderful memories...now I get paid to sit on a beach or like last week, go to Universal Studios by flying a 185 tonne jet!

It's all very possible, just not right now! Go modular, DO NOT GIVE any large school a large sum of cash. A 'chunk' of the ATPL mountain at a time, go back to work, re-assess and re-plan as you go if necessary. It's bloody hard work, made harder by these circumstances of living around ATPL training, I sweated blood, lived on digestive biscuits and on occasions thought it surly isn't worth all this sh*t! But, and i'll add the word 'personally' due to what other folk on here write, I think it's awesome.

Put yourself in a position to gain when the good times return, and they will.
Focus on the positve - search for post's by G-SXTY, he's a positve type chap that (I think!) will agree with what i've written.

Anyone still awake?! Sorry...long post I know...

Cheers,
JB