PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry into CASA.
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2008, 13:39
Mach_1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Murph, got here yesterday, not born then.

Seems to me this is a particularly typical, negative, unhelpfull VH response.
New chum, ah, (assume) must be an idiot, and perhaps, in the best VH style, I can bully or, better yet, big note "ME" . Fair dinks Murph, think again. Wanna piece of me, go on a diet. You will need to be hungry. I have probably written off more years of actual hands on real life experience than you have ever lived through ( even in flight operations). So listen up.

The kids are scared these days, not of ice, not of hills, not of engine failiure, not even of the CP; but of going to jail.

With the stakes at this level they are, essentially, not required or even interested to learn about engine managent, or to " See and avoid" , icing, high ground or operational problems. If you go in - go in legal, so quoted the last kid I buried. (16 so far).

But of the legistlator, they are feared. Absolutly. At all costs, cover yer ass, shut up and (if you survive) move on to a big shiny airframe toy which basically requires no more aeronautical ability than you initially posessed. Shame guys, shame. Never dreamed it was like this at flight school, that' s a safe bet. Probably the only safe one ever made.

Bugger the mountains, sod skill, whats ice?. Be "seen" to comply, comply, comply. Half of 'em would not know a mountain until it jumped up and bit them on their delicate, well covered arses. (Collective if you like). But they still persist, only keeping a job unti they do not any longer need it. These people persist in breaking the tenents of (aeronautical) common sense and denying the pilots following the Right to complain. " Well, the last pilot done it whats wrong with you". (New thread looming).

Standards reducing - you bet.

Most of theb current crop of whining pilots were, or are the people without the "moxie" to tell an operator to " go away and not be silly". In the "old" days the operator would not have even asked. Blame in part the desparate pilots,? Sure I do.

Look at CASA reallity; up to 6 months and $8000 to put an aircraft on a similar AOC. Doors kicked in. Illegal phone taps. Heart attacks caused, Vendettas funded through public money, (oh no, not us y're honour). Endemic, documented corruption.

All in the interest of air safety, I have to ask you the question?.

B@#$ ks, The list of atrocites is (a) factual and (b) endless. This is not supposed to be the "Gesttapo" or, despite the failed Eastern Eurpean dreams, the total commercial and operational control of aviation and (who knows) perhaps birth control .

For Petes sake, it is a CIVIL Aviation regulator. For crying out loud, a bunch of public servants presenting as barely qualified pilots (or, dare it be said, even practicing lawyers). Experts, B!$&*%#$t.

Safety experts, B!@#$%tX 2. My Mama has more idea, at least she will care if I do not turn up for tea.

Thousands and thousands of dollars (theirs and ours) to establish that CASA is not a model litigant; even worse, they keep loosing. This definately is taxpayer money. (err, thats You and me)

Flight Safety procedures contribited per dollar spent = to zero.

The way I see it is, that this is a procedure to ensure that each and evey " lawyer" (qualified or Un) has a back yard pool for Christmas. Got to (must) keep changing the goal post (where I learn that) to stay afloat. No options

P.S. Murph, Get reallity fix, get real, get involved or, get out. In any case, be a good lad and do not start with me on a personal level. Fair warning - no CASA speak.