PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 13th Jul 2008, 12:01
notanotherhilton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If I dont supplement my pension with 8% of my current salary (the 59% thats left), my pension will just about keep a roof over my head when I retire. The days of big final salary pensions are as dead as the dodo in most European Airlines. I pay taxes for social security that would just about keep me above the poverty line if I ever needed it. My household costs have increased massively in the last 12 months, something I was never able to predict a year ago.

I dont miss Doha, I did my time and was happy to move back to raise my family close to our extended families. Thats where my priority lies now. A personal choice. You cant go the Gulf and expect all the familiarity of home plus a kings ransom as well any more. The world is not like that any more, Ex Pat flying is not like that anymore. Perhaps a more reasonable and realistic appraisal of the pros and cons BEFORE moving would prevent the personal anger and completely unjustified BS I read on here. Life is WAY to short to be piss*d off all the time. If your not happy do something about it.

Last edited by notanotherhilton; 13th Jul 2008 at 12:36.