PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline Redundancies
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2008, 11:51
Konehead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ryan, the previous announcement re QF grounding 2 B763's and 4 B743's was a statement for the digestion of the media and the public to promote doom and gloom in the midst of a very public dispute between QF management and the ALAEA. These retirements of aircraft had always been planned so the net effect on mainline is zilch.

Dixon is renowned for sprouting the end of civilisation just to achieve his industrial agendas
I agree. 2 x early model B767s, 4 x B743's that should've been turned into tin cans ages ago, a couple of A320s and early model B737s get parked. So what.
The current delivery list:
>30 B738s
65 - 110 B787s
12 - 20 A380s.
At least 107 more aircraft are on the way. Recent media statements by QF claim that the new B738s will "augment, not replace" the B734s.

Never mind you have a car loan, rent, three kids, and have been totally loyal for whatever years, YOU are redundant. You are probably experienced, hard working, and given the company 101% and probably a very decent human being, tough!
Yes that sounds like me! PICK ME PICK ME!
One thing this whole thing has given me, is that I no longer fear being made redundant. Indeed I welcome it now. I used to be proud to work for QF, now I'm embarrassed to admit it. And if they don't make me redundant, they WILL pay me a fair wage. Simple really. Until either of the above, they are stuck with a disengaged LAME on the go-slow, just hunting for a reason to deck an aircraft rather than a reason to keep it flying. What the Hell, if I'm going to be continually accused of it, I won't disappoint anybody by living up to the smear put upon all LAMEs by senior management & QF execs. Reap what you sow!