PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New CPL - First Resume
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2008, 11:13
Horatio Leafblower

Received 33 Likes on 15 Posts
I am reading a lot of resumes at the moment.

Hey's advice is pretty sound, especially for new entrants and for "on spec" resumes sent out for unadvertised positions.

Your "other" skills are pretty important, espec if you have a qualification or proven experience.

You could probably leave out the ubiquitous "I am punctual and pay attention to detail" etc etc etc, they all say that. Dunno about other employers but I rely on your previous employers to tell me that and (no offence) I ignore it on your resume.

If you are applying for an advertised position, make sure you address the criteria either in your cover letter or in the resume itself.

eg: If the advert asks for x hours multi, x hours in command make sure your hours are broken down exactly like that so the person reviewing can quickly add you to the "yes" pile.

If there are "desireable" qualfications or experience, make sure it's shown prominently enough that you can be added to the "Yes+" pile.

Finally, there are a few cranky old crusty bastards out there who will rate Aerobatics and Tailwheel pretty highly especially as all those "I just wanna be a Boeing driver and you're just a stepping stone" pilots ain't got it.

All other things being equal, I will employ Tailwheel and Aeros ahead of the others every time.

GOOD LUCK